Google Adsense Violation
Google Adsense Violation – Keep Your Adsense Account Safe from Getting Disabled
What is Google Adsense Program?
Google Adsense is a Popular Web Advertising Program that provides a good income source for many websites. Any one can earn through Adsense, but in a right way. If you follow the wrong ways [Fraudulent Activities], your account will be in great danger and also Google may penalize your [Account Ban]. So, here are the common mistakes that violateGoogle Adsense TOS.
1. Never click your own adsense ads or get them clicked for whatever reason. Never use automated clicking tools, or other deceptive software. Google is very smart to detect fraudulentclicks. This is a very common mistake everyone doing these days.
2. Never change the Adsense code. There is no need of altering the code. If you do so, Google easily knows about it and bans your account.
3. Number of AdsenseAd -Units to be placed in your website is not more than 3 Text/Image ads, 3 Link Ads and 2 Search Boxes. This will not make your account banned. Even if you place more ads, they will be hided.
4. You can run competitive contextual text ad or search services on the same site which offer Google Adsense competition in their field. But, they should not resemble Adsense ads.
5. Do not disclose confidential information about your account like the CTR, CPM and income derived via individual ad units or any other confidential information they may reveal to you. However, you may reveal the total money you make as per recent updates to the TOS.
6. Label headings as “sponsored links” or “advertisements” only. Other labels are not allowed. I have seen many sites label ads with other titles. Dont make your site a target in a few seconds gaze.
7. Never launch a New Page for clicked ads by default. Adsense ads should open on the same page. You may be using a base target tag to open all links in a new window or frame by default. Correct it now as they do not want new pages opening from clicked ads.
8. One Account suffices for Multiple websites. You do not need to create 5 accounts for 5 different websites. One account will do. If you live in the fear that if one account is closed down for violation of TOS, believe me they will close all accounts when they find out. You can keep track of clicks by using channels with real time statistics. They will automatically detect the new site and display relevant ads.
9. Place ads only on Content Pages. Advertisers pay only for content based ads. Content drives relevant ads. Although you might manage some clicks from error, login, registration, “thank you” or welcome pages, parking pages or pop ups, it will get you out of the program.
10. Do not mask ad-elements. Alteration of colours and border is a facility to blend or contrast ads as per your site requirements. I have seen many sites where the [URL] part is of the same color as the background. While blending the ad with your site is a good idea, hiding relevant components of the ads is not allowed. Also do not block the visibility of ads by overlapping images, pop ups, tables etc.
12. Keep track of your content. So Adsense is not allowed on several non content pages. But it is also not allowed on several content pages too. Do not add it on web pages with MP3, Video, News Groups, and Image Results. Also exclude any pornographic, hate-related, violent, or illegal content.
13. Do not alter the results after ad clicks or searches – Ensure you are not in any way altering the site which the user reaches to after clicking the ads. Do not frame, minimize, remove, redirect or otherwise inhibit the full and complete display of any Advertiser Page or Search Results Page after the user clicks on any Ad or Search results.
14. Avoid excessive advertising and keyword stuffing – Although the definition of excessive is a gray area and is subject to discretion, yet Google-Adsense with correct placement, focused content and high traffic will get you much more income than other programs, so excessive advertising is not required. Keyword stuffing does target better focused ads, but overdoing it is not required.
15. Ensure you Language is Supported – Adsense supports “Chinese (simplified), Japanese, Danish, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, English, Polish, Finnish, Portuguese, French, Russian, German, Spanish, Hungarian, Swedish, Italian and Turkish”. In addition, AdSense for search is available in Czech, Slovak, and Traditional Chinese. If your web pages language is not supported, do not use the code on such pages.
16. Maximum 2 referral button per product per page – With the launch of the google adsense referral program, you are allowed to put only 2 referral buttons for adsense referral, adwords referral, Google pack and Firefox with google toolbar referral.
17. Do not specify Google-ads as your alternate ads. Several services like Chitika eminimalls allow you to place alternate URLS, when a targeted paying ad cannot be displayed. This involved creating an simple html page and putting the ad to be displayed instead. Even Adsense allows an alternate URLs feature instead of displaying public service ads. But never useAdsense ads as alternate URLs. Adsense Certified Networks
18. Do not confuse with adjacent images – It was a common policy to increase CTR by placing same number of images as the number of text ads, which falsely gave the impression that the text ads represented an explanation to these images. Inserting a small space or a line between the images and ads is not allowed. Make sure that the ads and images are not arranged in a way that could easily mislead or confuse your visitors.
Whenever in doubt, it is better to ask for adsense help from the learned staff of Google Adsense. They are very helpful!